CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 12, 2007

East Asia

It is all so different. The sights, the smells, it's like being in another country.

There is so much to say, I don't know where to begin. It has only been four days, but I have some stories to tell my friends when we get back. Some will make them laugh, some will get them scared, and some will make them say "Only to Eva." But in all things God is good.

The people are amazing. Some look at us and eagerly walk up wanting to meet us. Others look at us as if we were all dressed in chicken costumes. I've met some lovely ladies. We are going to get together more next week. Our first full day here Kushi told me that I was glowing. She told me I looked as if I was home. I am home. I while ago I wrote a letter to some friends about the fact that I am in the nomadic period of my life and I feared all that this might entail. But now I find peace in this because I now know where I belong. I belong on the field. Whether it be domestic or abroad. I now know for a fact that my home does not consist of four walls. It is found in the one who gave me life. It is found in the purpose for which He created me and there is great joy.

We are meeting amazing people that need to know about God. May our words be sweet as we share truth. May we find favor in their eyes. May those who need to be deaf be turned deaf, and may those who need to be turned blind be turned blind. In regards to health, some of us are still feeling the strain of travel. I love my team. They all have really stepped up to the task. I am very proud of them.

0 comments: