CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Namaste



A common greeting in India, it means "The God in me recognizes the God in you"

A couple days ago I was talking to my brother in law. He just came back from Iraq, and we haven't really talked about what he did over there. I don't want to press the issue until he is ready to talk about it with me. We were watching a film in which a man who had just come back from a similar situation was suffering a psycological breakdown.

We were created by the divine and are made in His image. To kill one another would be an attack on the divine. This force that binds the Universe also binds us one to another. The sacredness of that surpreme being has created a sacredness of human life.

I told him that it was imposible for a human to kill another human. He looked at me, sneered, and he said it was. I countered by telling him to kill others without a sense of remorse or pain is to mark oneself as simply a creature, and thus in-human. He just sat quiet.

I hope he understands that no matter what he did, he is still human and he holds to that.

0 comments: